In terms of a basic breakdown of the proctoring day, and to help answer some questions:
- If you are listed as PROCTOR 1, you'll need to grab your MCAS box from the Blue Gym. One of us is usually up there by 6:45AM, so if we're there, we can sign out your box to you as early as you want it. Come early... avoid the rush.
- If you are listed as PROCTOR 2, you'll want to put out enough chromebooks for the students on your roster, turn them on, ensure that they are fully-charged, and launch test nav from the apps icon on the bottom left of the screen. Be sure that TestNav screen is on the TestNav login page and that no student is already logged into TestNav! This should definitely be done before students arrive; 7:45 is a good goal for this.
- Students should only use the chromebooks provided in the carts in your room; no students should use the chromebook provided to them for their personal school use unless we let staff know that this is appropriate for a particular test.
- If you are the only proctor in the room to start the day, please pick up your box from the blue gym, and then set your classroom up according to the PROCTOR 2 instructions.
- Direct a browser on YOUR computer to Staff MCAS Launcher for easy access to Pearson and to the online attendance spreadsheet. You'll also want to log into Pearson (be sure you are in the "Spring 2022 Grade 10 ELA and Math" test administration!) in another browser tab to be sure you're all set in the event you need to help a student with a test issue. I WILL START AND UNLOCK SESSIONS FOR ALL ROOMS, so you don't need to worry about starting/ending or locking/unlocking sessions for your room.
- Encourage students in hallways to find their classrooms by 7:55AM. The goal is to have all present students seated and to have all proctors be reading the script (which will be excerpted into stapled sheets from the TAM for you on both days) by 8:10, and to have students testing by 8:15. Students arriving after approximately 8:15 will test in the blue gym, so please encourage testers to be on time!
- As soon as your students are testing, please take attendance for your classroom in the online attendance spreadsheet linked from https://chsreg.com/info. It will be sorted by session name (which contains room numbers), so you'll want to mark your room's students Present or Absent with the little down arrow in the dropdown attendance column. We will limit late students, but if a student is sent to your class after you have taken attendance, please update your attendance. Feel free to look at this attendance sheet early and to test your permissions to ensure it makes sense and is working properly for you.
- If you are stuck at any point on a testing day, please reach out to the admin on your floor... you can just wave them down from the doorway of your room. I will also be walking around the blue side to help with any technical issues.
- If you have the final shift in a classroom, testing tickets, scrap paper and other testing materials for completed students go back in your box for transport to the blue gym, and their chromebooks should be plugged in and charging for use the next day. For students requiring more time to complete a session, please make sure that ALL students who are not finished SIGN OUT OF TEST NAV (click user in upper right corner, sign out of TestNav, and select "save and continue later" when prompted), close their chromebooks on their used scrap paper AND testing ticket; we will have pencils and erasers in the blue gym, so any of those materials can go right into the box being returned.
- Students who HAVE COMPLETED the exam will be dismissed at 10:40, and all students who need extra time must walk WITH YOU to the Blue Gym with their chromebook AND testing ticket AND scrap paper (remember that the testing ticket and used scrap paper should be closed within the chromebook). If students are using a word-to-word dictionary, they should also bring this with them. You will be checking in your MCAS box in the blue gym and they will sign back into TestNav and finish testing in the blue gym after you check in the students and your MCAS box.
- Please note that it is important that students continue testing on the same chromebook they start testing on. It is also critical that the chromebooks from students who have completed their exams are plugged in and charging for the next day. If there is no cart for testing chromebooks in your room, be sure to collect all chromebooks and stack them on the teacher's desk in the room, so we can collect them and make sure they are safe and charging
for the next test session. Towards this end, at the end of the day, regardless of proctor assignments, if you are on the blue side, please ensure that all chromebooks in your room are either plugged in and charging for the next day or stacked on the teacher's desk for collection.